The Top Ten List “Why I Am A Rockstar!”
10. I hit the local music scene of my hometown munich at age 17.
9. shortly thereafter I play in the opening act for ray charles.
8. I actually studied this. sweelinck conservatory, amsterdam (1995-99). in paris under john cage colleague joelle leandre (1998) and at suny purchase, NY, (1999-2001) from which I graduate with a masters degree in music in 2001.
7. I played and/or studied with artists such as kevin mahogany, lester bowie, monty waters, scott colley, todd coolman and jon faddis.
6. I performed at legendary CBGB‘s (New York), Knitting Factory (New York), Smoke (New York), Else‘s (Montreal), Studio 303 (Montreal), Theatre Garage (Minneapolis), Waterfront Theatre (Vancouver), Meander (Amsterdam) Unterfahrt (Munich), i-camp theater (Munich). the list goes on and on.
5. between 2002 and 2010 I did all this:
- the puppet project, theater tour through canada, USA (2002)
- breakdown on paradise blvd – showdown in three acts, ORkAaN FAbLeS: juergen reiter (bass), hester boverhuis (vocals/laptop), kai wolff (laptop/guitar), multimedia performance, lothringer 13, munich. (2003)
- chansons from the 1920’s, salonorchestra rouge&noir (amsterdam), esther apituley (violin), sjan (piano), juergen reiter (bass) at G34, munich (2003)
- the hare and the dog, mystic fairytales with hester boverhuis (laptop/vocals), juergen reiter (bass, stove) (2003)
- the world’s eerie sound, ORkAaN FAbLeS at „bewegungsfreiheit“ (freedom of movement), literaturhaus, munich (2003)
- international festival of poetry and literature, ORkAaN FAbLeS + sjan (piano), harald kuempfel (drums) (2003)
- wetten, dass…?, production of numerous soundscapes for europes biggest live tv event (15million viewers average)
- no trespassing, recording of music I wrote over the stretch of 3 years. the album receives wide critical acclaim and worldwide airplay on both major and independent radiostations. (2004)
- uptown and the bronx, shortfilm that shows a ride on the 1-train of new york city. connecting many of manhattan’s westside jazzclubs it is one of my most frequented lines. the film proves that mta conductors are the one and only rappers alive. (2005)
- let’s get it on tonight, collaboration with new york rapper jus nyce (aka G Nyce). during germany’s 2006 soccer worldchampionships it received over 59ooo online hits. (2006)
- the change up, studio production for jus nyce. it’s said to be “the ultimate urban real recognizes real brooklyn-bred hiphop experience”. (2006/07)
- italienisches aus der lauschbar series of 3 audiobooks to learn basic italian. everything you need to get through your holiday talking like the locals. the series receives wide critical acclaim and is featured in variety of german lifestyle magazines (2007/08)
- una sera come un’altra, score for short film by carlo magaletti (2008)
- dead on arrival, writing and recording of a new live show (NYC) (2009)
- Virtual Reality Circus, Cirque Nouveau 2.0, featuring acrobats, dancers, multimedia and music. (2009-work in progress)
- music of ghouls, production of the new show for the Virtual Reality Circus (fall 2010)
- music inspired by tilmann krumrey’s sculpture “ATEM – kain & abel”, soundinstallation/album (2010)
4. between 2002 and 2010 I recorded all these albums:
- wintermaerchen, audiobook, mystic fairytales and songs about a world of everlasting ice and it‘s surreal creatures.
- no trespassing, modern jazz by juergen reiter’s ORkAaN ORkEstRA
- let’s get it on tonight, hiphop/dance single feat. G Nyce
- the change up, hiphop by Jus Nyce (now G Nyce)
- il conto per favore, audiobook, italienisches aus der lauschbar 1
- in viaggio, audiobook, italienisches aus der lauschbar 2
- lo sconto, audiobook, italienisches aus der lauschbar 3
- breakdown on paradise blvd., DVD
- dead on arrival, muzak to scrap your car by, exclusive itunes release
- Atem – kain & abel, music inspired by tilmann krumrey’s sculpture
- music of ghouls, music of the Virtual Reality Circus
3. I was featured in Tim Ferris’s New York Times bestseller “The 4 Hour Workweek” in 2009
2. I reside with my family in Munich, Sicily and New York City
1. I love what I do & I do what I love.